Monday, November 05, 2007

Where is the Outrage?

This photo was taken during the Vietnam War. I was a senior in high school in 1972 and had just become eligible to vote. I was outraged by the photo of a beautiful innocent 9 year old girl with her back on fire from napalm. She survived and became a doctor and an ambassador for the United Nations.

This little girl from the Middle East will not have that chance. Her father buried her last week. She was killed in a village bombing. She was not the target-she was just in the vicinity. The intended target escaped. How many more of these photos must we endure before this war ends? 35 years later, where is the outrage? Or is having oil to gad about in our SUVs worth this?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really enjoy my blogging and hope you enjoy reading. Remember, these are only my opinions relating to my daily experiences. If you are anonymous, let me know what city and state you are from in your comment. Thanks.