Tuesday, September 15, 2009
Thursday, August 27, 2009
I used extra firm tofu which was already cubed and sauted it in peanut oil with hot pepper flakes. I added various herbs and spices, some garlic, and some unsalted peanuts. This was served over brown rice. The carrots were steamed with corn and Lima beans and a dollop of marmalade melted in Earth Balance with garlicky salt was added atop. It was a nice summery and very quick dinner as the rice had been pre-made and frozen. Before serving, I added some homegrown shredded basil. Even the doggies like this!
PS-the photo is crap, I know. I have been saving for a macro and every time I get close, something else comes up. Steamy food seems to strobe for me. I took this photo using only the stove top light. I need to upgrade my stuff!
Wednesday, June 10, 2009
Friday, June 05, 2009
Saturday, March 28, 2009
Friday, March 13, 2009
I "heart" my Dyess and wish he could get a ring but it won't be in Detroit, as this team was screwed the minute AI came here. Dyess deserves better and had a chance to go to Boston, but came home. At least pay the man his due, Joe.
Friday, February 20, 2009
Monday, January 19, 2009
Sunday, January 18, 2009
10. His eyes were darting around like a Costco ferret
9. Apologized to the people of Iran for not geting around to nuking them
8. His glowing review of "Paul Blart: Mall Cop"
7. Announced plan to take $4 billion in government bailout funds and put it on the Steelers
6. Kept yelling, "Laura, more Mountain Dew!"
5. The sombrero
4. Unveiled list of goals for his third term
3. Gave speech in front of a turkey being slaughtered
2. Because of economy, announced he and Laura have to move in with his parents
1. Got a 21-shoe salute