Friday, May 20, 2011

The Flood Flushing, MI 2011

Random photos of the flooding in Flushing, Mi on May 19, 2011. I found it particularly funny that the local outdoor pool had little water and a sump pump attached, and the parking lot to the pool had more water than the pool itself. I tried to chase down the duckie, but hubby got there first. No close up. :(  The river thru Flushing is usually pretty laid back and the River Walk follows along the meander of water. Old man Flint River had a mind of his own this spring day. Flood stage is expected to crest sometime Saturday night. All the trees in the "river" are usually on land. Some dry summers an island appears in the middle and kids boat or swim out to it. Not today!




































No comments:

Post a Comment

I really enjoy my blogging and hope you enjoy reading. Remember, these are only my opinions relating to my daily experiences. If you are anonymous, let me know what city and state you are from in your comment. Thanks.