Saturday, March 01, 2008

Want a Laugh? My First Attempt At Tortillas.

For some odd reason , there seems to be a shortage of corn tortillas in the stores lately. So I decided to make my own. I had the correct ingredients, just not the correct technique. Hubby said they tasted okay-but this is a man who could live on boxed mac and cheese-made with water instead of milk.
Rolling them out between plastic as instructed
They don't look too bad at this point.
Cooking in the cast iron pan
After I flipped them
Cooling on the rack
I have since purchased a tortilla press and will make use of it this weekend. Even the press was hard to find so I ordered from Amazon. If they turn out better with the press, I will update here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really enjoy my blogging and hope you enjoy reading. Remember, these are only my opinions relating to my daily experiences. If you are anonymous, let me know what city and state you are from in your comment. Thanks.