Saturday, September 30, 2006

Bottle of Wine; Fruit of the Vine...


Still sober. Interesting wine tonight. This was a late harvest Riesling c.2003 from Zafarana Vineyard , located in the Old Mission Peninsula near Traverse City. 2003 was a very short and low quality season so the vineyard owner decided to scout out other local vineyards for a blended wine of similar grape character.
This was my first venture into a late harvest wine. It was sweeter than I thought it would be, but with the spicy New Orleans style pasta I had for dinner, it was very complimentary on the tongue. I picked up pear/apricot with a tinge of apple . This would also be great as an after-dinner wine and is modestly priced at about $11.00. It's only for sale in Michigan for some odd reason. I don't understand the Michigan wine laws one bit!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really enjoy my blogging and hope you enjoy reading. Remember, these are only my opinions relating to my daily experiences. If you are anonymous, let me know what city and state you are from in your comment. Thanks.