Thursday, August 27, 2009

I Didn't Abandon This Blog!

I have been busy. Working on some recipes and enjoying my garden growing (aside from the dog eating my tomatoes and peppers and yes, he loves the hot ones, too). I have a bunch of photos and recipes backed up on my external drive (and hope they restore to the new computer when I get some time). I also have new things on my card blog listed on the sidebar.

But you may like this dish. I really have no recipe for it. I tend to grab and see what happens.

I used extra firm tofu which was already cubed and sauted it in peanut oil with hot pepper flakes. I added various herbs and spices, some garlic, and some unsalted peanuts. This was served over brown rice. The carrots were steamed with corn and Lima beans and a dollop of marmalade melted in Earth Balance with garlicky salt was added atop. It was a nice summery and very quick dinner as the rice had been pre-made and frozen. Before serving, I added some homegrown shredded basil. Even the doggies like this!

PS-the photo is crap, I know. I have been saving for a macro and every time I get close, something else comes up. Steamy food seems to strobe for me. I took this photo using only the stove top light. I need to upgrade my stuff!

1 comment:

  1. Hey keep posting! I'm an Italian cook and I prepare most of my food for a Guyanese Indian wife who eats no meat- only fish. So, I'm always in the market for ideas. Check out my blog.

    ReplyDelete

I really enjoy my blogging and hope you enjoy reading. Remember, these are only my opinions relating to my daily experiences. If you are anonymous, let me know what city and state you are from in your comment. Thanks.