Thursday, October 04, 2007

13.1

I posted this at my other blog but I know some visiters here don't read that one at all.


I did a half marathon Sunday. Haven't done one of those in many years, 10 miles pretty much being my comfort zone. At 11 miles, I was ready to quit and that is not like me at all. I just wanted to sit DOWN!!! I would have settled for an ant hill if I saw one. It was an interesting way to see the city of Lansing and a nice fundraiser for the Children's Museum . And we had a corpulent cop say we were her heroes--we did try to convince her to join us but I think she was stuck behind the popo wheel (with a box of doughnuts).

This is what the front of the shirts look like-lousy photo but I like it as it's not white and tea stains won't show. As I neared the finish line along the river (wish there had been more color in the trees and not 80F at the end) a duck on the water started to laugh at me! Ha Ha Ha over and over. Good thing I don't eat animals otherwise he may have been lunch!

I don't care what my time was, only that I finished and got my nice fake bronze medal (the paint is already peeling off). I have sore hips, shin splints and a burned face. Also some odd bruises that look like a comet exploded on my thigh but that could just be because I am a klutz. I did go to the gym today to try and work the kinks out a bit, see the half neked guys play hoops-we sometimes get NBA guys like Mo Pete and Mateen to knock around (and I got to watch the Wings game, Allison). Crazy but I heard there was another on Mackinaw Island the end of the month... Now that would be pretty and a fudge delight! Where do I sign up?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really enjoy my blogging and hope you enjoy reading. Remember, these are only my opinions relating to my daily experiences. If you are anonymous, let me know what city and state you are from in your comment. Thanks.