Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Maybe He'd Like to Eat Alone..With His Phone for Company




I can't put into words how angry I am tonight. My husband is on vacation this week and next. It seems he is too busy to take a normal day off here and there and now has several weeks to make up or he won't get paid for them. Last week he had Election Day off too, and spent the entire morning in a conference call because the rest of the company-which is GM-is not off if they aren't on US soil. So what was supposed to be a whole day off ended up half a day-and when I suggested turning in for a half day's pay, he laughed it off. And then slept the rest of the day. Luckily, we got to vote-which was the whole reason for the day off.

But here we are with one whole week off to get some long put off things done-or so I thought. Yesterday the phone rang multiple times and then I heard him scheduling another conference call for today-which actually turned out to be two of them. I needed to do some long distance shopping and he said he would drive me even after I said "don't bother-I don't want to interrupt your precious scheduling". We weren't even on the freeway and the phone started ringing-I counted 17 calls over the next several hours. I don't know if he had any while I was inside one store as he sat in his car supposedly reading the paper. All thru the next shopping trip at which I needed his opinion of an item so he couldn't "not" go in-the phone rang and rang. Not once did he say I will call you back later when I am not busy. I heard him tell the caller he was shopping, and later as we were eating but I guess I don't rate as important enough to turn the damn thing off for one hour. I told him he would have the phone to his ear as he gets by-pass surgery if they'd let him.

He thinks it's all funny that I object to this behavior. Will he think its funny when I no longer bother to come home? I left a few weeks ago over the BS and only came back because I had a weird feeling about my dog. My dog died that morning as I was rushing him to the vet. I didn't even get a hug. That might have crushed his precious phone.Maybe I should have called him for a hug-but last I checked, a phone can't hug you back.


I guess you know when things have jumped the shark. This is the last year of a situation comedy that isn't funny anymore but the sponsors are milking what's left of the viewers and the actors are only phoning it in.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I really enjoy my blogging and hope you enjoy reading. Remember, these are only my opinions relating to my daily experiences. If you are anonymous, let me know what city and state you are from in your comment. Thanks.