Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Darth Marley-May the Farce Be With You!




Cold windy Halloween 2006. Sad as Clancy isn't here with Marley and me. His costume-an angel with halo and wings-still hangs on the door knob. Maybe I should have dressed Marley up as the angel to make the "experience" rub off because sometimes he is Darth and its getting out of hand.

There were a lot of "kids" this year-if you consider high schoolers kids. I saw very few small ones-and it was pretty annoying that a mom came to the door, cigarette in hand-and giving me some sob story about how tired her poor kid was to come and beg. One little girl about 7 or 8 insisted to this mom she had already come here because I gave out markers and erasers but mom said no, it was around the block. Now what are the chances that two people in the same neighborhood gave out the same EXACT items? Bull s**t!

I ran out of markers by 6:45 (I had purchased 55 4-packs at 1.00 a piece. I also gave each kid a choice of two erasers either sports related or lipstick girlie. Why did most of the boys take the lipstick one? Maybe it looked like a bullet to them? I ran out of erasers too and had to substitute individual bags of Cheese It crackers and ran out of those by 7. SO in my pantry I had a large box of individual packs of M and M's, so had to dig into those. I hate giving out candy as it just isn't my style-I usually give comic books but there were none this year that were appealing. I was afraid I was going to have to resort to small bottles of orange juice!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really enjoy my blogging and hope you enjoy reading. Remember, these are only my opinions relating to my daily experiences. If you are anonymous, let me know what city and state you are from in your comment. Thanks.